University of Phoenix Senior Director, Strategy & Insights in Phoenix, Arizona
The Senior Director, Strategy & Insights, University of Phoenix (UOPX) leads the strategy and insights needs for the brand marketing team, the collective marketing organization and institution as a whole. The individual directs institution, fields of study, program, segment and location insights work to rationalize program/initiative strengths, fill gaps of marketing insights to shape go-to-market plans and strategic plan proposals, determine demand areas for marketing activation, assess/execute communication architecture approaches for strongest impact, and continuously track competitive landscape for opportunity areas and insights. The Senior Director, Strategy & Insights partners with internal and external stakeholders to deliver actionable plans and strategies rooted in consumer and market insights.
Lead the strategy and insights needs for the brand marketing team, the collective marketing organization and institution as a whole.
Direct the development, execution and presentation of strategic institution, fields of study, program, segment and location insights work, partnering with external research companies and collaborating closely with business units to deliver actionable insights, on-time and within budget; serve as the Strategy & Insights subject matter expert (SME) for the marketing organization.
Identify strategic insights stop-gaps, best-fit methodology, and serve up insights proposals to senior leadership for approval; maintain and catalogue the insights work performed on behalf of UOP.
Oversee RFPs, in partnership with procurement, to identify and secure best-fit external research companies for defined insights needs, as needed; direct custom research projects from design to final report, the ongoing maintenance and tracking of syndicated research tools, and the optimization of insights work over time.
Direct development of systems, processes and procedures for the research, design and format of assessment tools and programs; including analyzing, refining, and enhancing systems, processes and procedures as needed.
Direct the development and implementation of UOP survey instruments. Oversees the validity and reliability of University survey instruments and recommends changes and enhancements as necessary.
Maintain a thorough knowledge of industry assessment trends and requirements to ensure UOPX systems, processes and procedures meet established standards and support changing needs.
Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Marketing field required
• Minimum of 10 years of experience designing and executing consumer insights, custom and syndicated research work, ideally in a marketing organization.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Mix of consumer and B2B (business-to-business) marketing
• Strong knowledge of integrated marketing functional needs and ability to “think as a marketer”, with the strategic ability to design insights work to fill insights needs and deliver actionable insights/results
• Expert knowledge of consumer insights tools and methodology options
• High level of conceptual and strategic thinking to develop assessment tools and survey instruments
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills to collaborate with internal and external parties to identify assessment needs and provide technical research advice and guidance
• Proven knowledge and experience in the areas of statistics and research methods required
• Proven experience managing assessment systems and projects
• Working knowledge of personal software packages to develop assessment tools and survey instruments, prepare correspondence, as well as create and generate spreadsheets and reports
• Proven experience in a progressively responsible capacity leading and/or acting as a resource to department staff as it relates to projects, processes, and activities
Job Locations US-AZ-Tempe | US-AZ-Phoenix
Company University of Phoenix
Job Family Marketing
Virtual Eligible No
Requisition ID 2017-9172
Position Type Full-Time