University of Phoenix Sr. Director Data Integration in Phoenix, Arizona
The Sr. Director Data Integration is responsible for providing leadership and direction to a team of data modelers, cube, and ETL developers for the purpose of designing and developing data warehouse and data mart solutions. Develops solutions which will enable various teams to effectively and efficiently meet their BI deliverables. Responsible for working with University and technical teams to ensure the BI environment is sustainable, secure, and properly maintained/developed with industry best practices.
Provides a strategic plan and executable roadmap for the development/maintenance of University data models and data marts.
Develops and maintains SDLC across the production, development, and QA reporting environments to ensure data integrity and the proper division of duties for updates and modifications to tables within the IRA databases. Defines and implements standards and best practices as they relate to data architecture. Ensures data quality standards through checkpoints, monitoring processes, and timely communication.
Provides leadership, mentoring, coaching, and career development planning for team members. Develops the team's skills through planned education and training, using internal and external resources. Prioritizes team projects and timelines and engages University leadership as needed.
Utilize cross-training, knowledge sharing, and process documentation to reduce single-person dependence and enable any team member to manage the processes.
- Defines the deployment and migration processes and schedules for the development, QA, and production environments. Maintains documentation of systems, data structures, and processes, including data dictionaries, entity relationship diagrams, and business continuity/disaster recovery plans.
- Aids direct reports in the creation of complex SSIS packages to ETL data from source systems, including advanced debugging/troubleshooting and advanced tuning for increased efficiency.
- Supports and monitors the health of the reporting/database environments including managing risks/outages
- Collaborates with other departments with the goal of leveraging University assets and reducing redundancy and other inefficiencies, specifically in the Business Intelligence space.
- Ensures data replication, transformation, and transmission processes adhere to strict University security protocols, SOX compliance where applicable, and PII security requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or related field.
• Five (5) years in personnel management/leadership capacity.
• Seven (7) years of experience and progressive responsibility in providing data integration solutions.
• Seven (7) years’ experience in data modeling, data architecture design, OLTP and OLAP database modeling, multi-dimensional, modeling/data mart design.
• Five (5) years’ experience in data warehousing and data integration practices and technologies.
• Five (5) years’ progressive knowledge of sever and database administration (security, backup & recovery, replication, clustering).
• Proficient knowledge of T-SQL, PL/SQL, SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS, MDX, Azure, Hadoop, SAS.
• Knowledge of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Knowledge in business intelligence best practices and methods.
• Demonstrated understanding of and ability to execute business operations and strategy.
• Ability to effectively communicate highly complex and/or technical information to others in a non-technical fashion.
• Ability to plan and direct large projects and communicate plans to leadership with business justification.
• Knowledge of applicable business systems and industry requirements, in conjunction with proficient knowledge in data architecture best practices and methods.
Company University of Phoenix
Job Family Administration
Virtual Eligible No
Requisition ID 2017-9117
Position Type Full-Time