University of Phoenix Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Marketing) in Tempe, Arizona
The Senior Marketing Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst creates and manages the delivery of BI and/or Analytical solutions throughout the Marketing department working with both Business and Technical BI teams. Work with cross-functional teams and external groups to gather and document BI report & analytic requirements, collaborate with BI technical teams to design and develop BI solutions as per requirements, coordinate & execute testing, coordinate & execute training, and develop BI solution roll-out plans for the campus/student community.
Leads analytic and reporting requirements gathering sessions with key subject matter expert business users, facilitates prioritization of identified requirements and is responsible for the development of all required BI business requirements documentation.
Identifies detail data sources required to support the prioritized business requirements as well as key operational and statistical metrics of operating performances and designs value-added analysis for all customers, including KPI’s and critical success factors for both services and processes.
Analyze, interpret and report performance trends from various channels and departments, identifying areas performing outside of expected results and develop recommendations for problem resolution or process enhancements.
Design, develop and maintain standardized metric reporting on a routine basis, i.e., define, create, automate, and maintain operational cyclical reporting.
Plan and lead efforts to review and recommend improvements and subsequent development of reporting enhancements, including the creation of new reporting templates and analytical reports.
Design, generate and review internal control documentation of reporting procedures to comply with governance audits and regulatory requirements.
Lead development of required inputs for the Agile development process for all enterprise business intelligence solutions including coordination of communication between the BI Technical Team’s cross-functional development groups involved in the successful design, development, and delivery of BI solutions and key subject matter expert business users.
Lead the design and demonstration of key BI solutions, or prototypes, to key users within the organization to introduce them to new or enhanced enterprise BI applications in order to garner support for the proposed solution.
Provide direction and support to junior developers to orient them and increase their understanding of more complex concepts.
Define, implement and evangelize leading BI application best practices, development standards and operational guidelines regarding the use and administration of BI solutions.
Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent experience that includes both analytic thinking and applied management of analytics solutions.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with advanced business intelligence concepts, communicating to users in business terms, and applying toward solutions-oriented challenges required.
• Three years of experience writing T-SQL and/or PL/SQL.
• Comprehensive understanding of business processes, production systems, enterprise-wide data flows, source and target databases, and enterprise data warehouse and reporting environment and standards.
• Configuration/development experience with various BI platforms and data model concepts – Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Experience working with the business to prioritize business requirements into logical and manageable groupings for rapid in-take into the Agile development process based on development resource capacity is also preferred.
• Familiarity with advanced concepts of relational and dimensional database operation.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent analytics initiatives.
• Ability to effectively gather, document, and translate business requirements into rules and supporting data models.
• Strong analytical, negotiation and research skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
• Ability to perform work in a team environment, direct and act as a resource for less experienced analysts and relay necessary information as appropriate.
• Ability to collaborate with other teams to standardize definitions across the business and ensure that certified data definitions are utilized throughout the business requirements development lifecycle, including crafting proposed definitions to meet multiple organization’s needs.
Company University of Phoenix
Job Family Marketing
Virtual Eligible Yes
Requisition ID 2017-8884
Position Type Full-Time
Job Locations US - AZ - Tempe