University of Phoenix Copywriter in Phoenix, Arizona
As an integral part of the creative process, the Copywriter works closely with a talented team of Creative Directors and Designers to create engaging concepts that effectively meet client objectives, reflect marketing strategies and align with our brand essence and voice. The Copywriter pushes the boundaries of creative excellence, ensuring the highest quality creative output across various mediums targeting internal and external audiences.
Develop breakthrough copy that brings strong ideas to life and is on strategy, on time and on budget across all media channels (digital, print, multimedia, etc.).
Collaborate with creative partners to develop clear and compelling conceptual solutions – based on a deep understanding of our products, services and target audience – that drive business success.
Participate actively in brainstorming sessions and creative development efforts to drive strong conceptual solutions. As appropriate, works with creative leads to make decisions affecting direction – rejecting some ideas and moving forward with others.
Write copy for key strategic campaigns/projects, business presentations, copy decks, brand boards, creative comps and style guides. Deliver it on time and on budget.
Contribute to a creative and collaborative team environment.
Partner successfully with key stakeholders across all business areas to translate business needs into compelling and effective creative by developing a thorough understanding of stakeholder’s products/services.
Shift copywriting approach, as appropriate, for any and all media, including digital, print and multimedia.
Ensures copy appeals to the target audience and is aligned with UOPX strategy, brand guidelines and voice while remaining competitively distinctive.
Carefully review own work for grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
Scrutinize the syntax and semantics of own copy.
Guard against producing offensive and/or deceptive copy that may lead to consumer confusion.
Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, advertising or a combination of education and creative writing experience required
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a copywriter within an advertising or marketing agency
• Experience in the Health Care or Technology industries preferred
• Exceptional writing skills (from long form to headlines)
• Ability to develop creative and original copy that aligns with the UOPX voice. A great story teller with a passion for the creative process.
• Exceptional conceptual and strategic thinker
• Proven ability to build positive long-standing relationships with clients and staff
• Strong design sense; able to organize information in a way that’s easy for the reader. Able to communicate vision to a designer. Able to digest complexity and deliver simplicity
• Solid project-management, organizational and decision making skills. Able to efficiently handle multiple projects and deadlines
• Broad intellectual curiosity. A genuine interest in popular culture, trends, technology, science, history and the humanities, etc
• Business acumen. Someone who will quickly pick up on how our business works
• Understands how to craft a story. Gets irony and clever wordplay. Can spot corny puns and poor marketing language
• Experience presenting and selling creative, active involvement in client pitches
• Understands research and role it plays in the creative process
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written (master of spelling, grammar, and punctuation)
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Keynote presentation software and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Company University of Phoenix
Job Family Marketing
Virtual Eligible No
Requisition ID 2018-9602
Position Type Full-Time